- Microsoft goof allows anyone to grab upcoming Windows 8.1 updatePosted 2 days ago
- Microsoft to integrate new social, machine learning technologies into Office 365Posted 6 days ago
- Samsung announces support for Microsoft services with KnoxPosted 1 week ago
- Ford drops Microsoft, will use BlackBerry’s real-time OS for next SyncPosted 2 weeks ago
- Microsoft concedes Windows 8.1 needs more for mouse, keyboard customersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Chromebooks and students: Long term trouble for MicrosoftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Microsoft to drop price of Windows 8 licenses 70% fr low-end devices, report saysPosted 2 weeks ago
- Microsoft targets developing markets with Windows Phone changesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Weekend Reading: Feb. 21st Edition — Your personal cloud is now OneDrive, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM to add marketing capabilitiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Microsoft Office: Enabling the iPad to do ‘real work’Posted 2 weeks ago
Flappy Bird – Dong Nguyen
By Dong Nguyen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flap your wings to fly…
[How to play]
> Tap to flap your wings to fly.
> Avoid pipes.
> Try to get 4 medals: Bronze, Silver, Gold (hard), Platinum (very hard)
What’s New in Version 1.1.0
- Fix bugs.
- New icon for iOS 7.
Pure Evil (yet addictive)
Flappy bird is by far THE MOST annoying game I’ve played yet. I literally just want throw my phone across the room and yell out “SOMEBODY NEEDS TO TEACH THAT BIRD HOW TO FLY!!” With that being said, however, I believe this game is pure genius. The fact that it is so simple to play, makes any able to give it a try, and once they do.. Well, lets just say there’s really no getting out of it. Anyone who says this game is “poorly develop” or that it’s graphics are so “old looking”, should really think again. Can a poorly develop game make you want to die of frustration because you can’t get that stupid bird to fit through pipes? It’s genius, the way this simple game was designed to make you want to play it over and over again. And the graphics aren’t hurting either. The vintage look, along with it’s simplicity, make the game look easy (so you would try it), but in reality is highly difficult (so then you would KEEP on trying). And another key factor to it (that so many people fail to see) is that because there is no “lives” or “difficulty mode” the game is 10 times more addictive. If you were to be able to “buy lives” or “change the difficulty”, the whole game concept would be ruined. Why spend hours trying to beat your high score on “hard” difficulty, when you can play “easy” and beat your high score in a matter of minutes? The difficulty is what makes the game addictive, so PLEASE do not change that.
Overall, a great game which will undoubtedly take away valuable time from my day.
A few changes that could improve the app though:
- GET RID OF THE ADS. Not to beat a dead horse here but almost every review has complained about the ads. They pop up and glitch out the bird, or they cover up the top pipe, or you accidentally click on them and waste time getting back to the app. Please remove or at least offer a $ 0.99 thing to remove them.
- CLEARLY SHOW THE HITBOXES. I have, as many others have, had times where the bird is clearly not in contact with the pipe, but crashes anyway. Please fix, or at least make it visually clear where we can and cannot fly.
- WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT MAKE THIS A PAY TO WIN OR ADD DIFFICULTY LEVELS OR MAKE ANYTHING EASIER. As many others have said, this game is perfectly difficult and adding lives or levels would ruin it.
- MAKE THE RETRY EASIER. Admittedly, this is not such a huge thing. However, I am a big super hexagon player and love the fact that as soon as you die, you simply have to tap the screen and instantly the game starts again. As it stands now, it is necessary to tap “OK” and then “Start”, and it takes overall about 3 seconds to start the next game after losing. Doesn’t sound like much, but you lose a minute of play time every 20 attempts.
Thanks for reading!
Flappy Bird is Made of Orphan’s Tears
All my friends were playing Flappy Bird. Everyone on Twitter was talking about Flappy Bird. I was specifically told “DO NOT DOWNLOAD FLAPPY BIRD” I was told it was life ruining. Naturally, I didn’t listen and what do you suppose I did? I downloaded Flappy Bird. I literally play it for hours on end and have Flappy Bird competitions. I love the game, but it makes me want to punch a kitten or hate Nutella. Not okay. Lets start with the bird’s appearance. This is not a bird. It’s a clam with fins and huge lips. It looks like a Botox junkie. I feel like the app should be called Flupi Burd instead of Flappy Bird, since it looks like a Dolan version of a “bird”. Next let’s move onto the ads, they block tops of higher up pipes and make this bird get taken down like Sharkeisha took that bird out. Next we should review that sometimes I’ll have a strong Flappy Bird game going and my bird will plummet to it’s unjustified death and emotionally wreck me. I’m not saying that you should even make this game easier, people will lose interest, but you should atleast let us choose the color of our bird or fix the pipes heck maybe even let us change the background or add in some background music to the app. Just little things like that. To all of you who haven’t or are going to download this app, bless your poor souls.
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 11, 2013
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dong Nguyen
- © 2013 .GEARS Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.